Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Summer's coming! What about today?

My Bible study yesterday had a great illustration. Imagine a bank account with $86,400. No matter what we do, as long as we live, we receive the same amount each day. The only thing is that it you lose what is left at the end of the day. It doesn’t carry over.

That bank account is time. We are given 86,400 seconds every morning. Each night we lose what wasn’t invested. When we fail to use today’s deposit wisely, the loss is ours. This really hit home for me as I am learning to be more intentional with my time. It reminds me of the DC Talk song that was popular when I was a teen “Time is ticking away. Tick, tick, ticking away.” (Now I can’t stop it from playing in my head. Enjoy the song today. You’re welcome!)

Time is finite. You always have to make choices on how you spend your time. If you are always giving your time and attention to the squeaky wheel, you are going to be stressed. You are stressed when you don’t have time for what you care about. The things that are important to you are a part of you. Intentionally put your own values at the top of your list.     ~ Christy Wright, Business Boutique 2016

What does my calendar say about what I value? As we are wrapping up another school year and filling up the summer calendar, it has me really thinking about choosing what is best for each of my family members. I am looking forward to making memories with my family this summer in the cool, beautiful mountains of Colorado, lazy days by the pool, and a more relaxed schedule. I am also excited about launching my new business and going on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic for the 1st time. What are some of your summer plans?   

As I have a natural tendency to get excited about future plans I am making, I am reminded to live in the moment today. How am I going to use these 86,400 seconds that I can never get back?

No comments:

Post a Comment