Friday, May 27, 2016

Do Something

Living life without knowing your unique purpose and passion is sleepwalking through life. It feels like you are just getting through the daily drudgery of tasks to be done, but not really living to your full potential. As Christians, we know that God has us here to draw people to Him. Often the details of how to live that out are fuzzy and nebulous. Christy Wright says “The things that are important to you are a part of you.” That revelation was huge for me!

 I have been praying about how God can use me to make a difference for orphans who I feel so passionate about helping. Then I got an e-mail from a small orphanage in Taiwan that I have fallen in love with online over the past few years, named Taiwan Xi En. http://taiwanxien.org/ I love their heart for getting children into Christian homes and the way they love the children in their care. I think you will fall in love with them too!


Here is a link to their most recent newsletter. The short of it is that they need to raise funds by June 10th for their next step in expanding to house more children. They are currently full and have to turn children away. Please take a look at this link and pray about donating to help support their ministry. If you send a donation, please e-mail me and let me know at captivatingjoyphotography@gmail.com I don’t want to know how much you gave, just that you gave. In the words of Matthew West “It’s time for us to do something!”


No comments:

Post a Comment